As part of your communication and dealings with M. Pritchard Commercial Engineering Limited we will only collect personal information to be used by us. We will not actively share your personal information with third parties; the only information you provide to us that will be shared with third parties will be information on vehicles, please see below for more detailed description on what information we store and share.
How we store your informationStored Digitally
– All information stored digitally is on password protected computers. Customer information will be stored on secure password protected software packages that will only be accessible by select personnel. Emails received may also be stored and archived unless a request to delete them is received.Stored Physically
– Names and address will be printed on any invoices and on any documentation completed by customers (such as customer information forms, account application forms, etc.) which will be archived in rooms that require access via key lock.
Physically stored documents are archived for a period as required by the government and are completely destroyed and disposed of on an annual rotation cycle where the oldest year is destroyed. What information we collect and store
We may collect information such as company names, personal names, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, vehicle information, vehicle history, company registrations numbers and vat numbers. We will not request or collect any unnecessary personal information that is not needed for the services we provide such as date of births, etc.
Some of the following ways listed below is how we may collect Information:
- Information provided by forms that have been filled out.
- Information provided via website enquiry forms.
- Information contained in records of communications sent via email, post or via telephone.
- If applying for a credit account, we may collect information for references and credit checks.
- Footage from cctv in which you may feature when you visit our premises.
- Details of transactions and purchases carried out with us including services or goods.
- Information relating to payments will be collected for the purposes of making or receiving payments
. How long we will store your information for
We will only store personal information for as long as necessary; this will be a different period for different methods of storage and information.
Digitally stored information will be stored for as long as necessary or until it is requested to be removed.
Physically stored information such as authorisation, account forms, etc will be stored for as long as necessary or until it is requested to be destroyed.
Other documentations such as invoices, statements, remittances, receipts will be destroyed after period of six years in order to exceed the requirements set out by the government, in which case all documents are destroyed on an annual cycle in which the oldest year is destroyed. Or unless it has been requested to be destroyed sooner or unless it has requested by the appropriate agencies in which it they will assume responsibility of the documents until they are returned.
Footage is stored on a rotational cycle in which it is stored for a discretional period exceeding the minimum required by authorities, in circumstances that authorities have received the footage they will assume responsibility of it’s confidentiality and dispose of it how and when they see fit, if more information is required on the specifics of how we handle footage then a request must be made in writing. How we will use your information
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
Who we will share your information with
- To respond to queries from you regarding our services.
- For use with documentation such as invoices, statements, etc.
- To maintain a record of services and goods provided in order to provide an appropriate service and to send reminders for when services are due such as MOTs.
- To manage and administer relationships between M. Pritchard Commercial Engineering Ltd and customer/suppliers.
- To request payment of outstanding invoices.
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you regarding current or future services being provided.
- In cases where a credit account has been applied for then information may be used to gain references and carry our credit checks.
- We may use your vehicle information, in most cases this will only be the vehicle registration to enable us to order parts and services from suppliers, in these circumstances we will only share the minimum amount of information required for the particular situation.
- Bank details that have been obtained will be used to make payments via bank transfer (This in most cases will only apply to suppliers and employees).
- Any footage recorded is only used to provide security to staff, customers, visitors and vehicles. Footage is only used if an event arises that requires footage to be reviewed otherwise footage will remain untouched and maintained and stored for the period required or recommended by law.
We will not share your information with any third parties except in certain circumstances arise in which we have not choice, the following circumstances may include:
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- In the circumstances of applying for a credit account, we may share information with financial authorities in order to obtain a credit check and obtain references.
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance/debt collection companies for the purposes of recovering money and costs of any unpaid invoices. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- We may pass your information to a supplier in order to quote or provide parts in this situation it is rare we will pass on any personal information, the information provided will be regarding vehicles.
- In the case that benefits have been provided the required information will be shared with the benefit provider (This in most cases will only apply to employees).
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
We will not share personal information about you unless you have requested we share it for whatever reason.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our website and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information.
We do not have any preferences to choose how your data is used or options to unsubscribe as personal information is not used for marketing purposes it is only used for invoicing and to contact you regarding work being done and reminders for annual servicing and MOTs.
Although there are no preferences or unsubscribe option you still have the right and option to have your personal information removed from our database by contacting us requesting parts or all of your information is removed.
Rights to your personal information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to know what personal information we hold on you. Simply contact us to request what information we hold and any other questions you may have regarding your information.
You also have the right to any of your information being removed from our database at any time without reason to do this please contact us to request what personal information we hold and which personal information you would like removed.
If requested for information to be removed personal information will be deleted and removed from our software packages rendering us unable to contact you. If a request is made for footage to be removed, then only specific footage in which the person requested will be permanently erased.
No personal information or data is stored on our website, the purpose of the website solely to provide information about our company and provide sources of contact.
Third party sites
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site (unless we have obtained your consent to do so). In addition, if you linked to a website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Our website may store cookies via our website host.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow websites to distinguish you from other users of a website, which helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse a website and analyse pages visited.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How to contact us
‘M. Pritchard Commercial Engineering Ltd, Unit F1 Sovereign Business Park, Hawkins Lane, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1PD’
Or by emailing us via ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’